Friday, April 13, 2012

The Tulip Boy - Keukenhof, April 12, 2012

Longing and Looking Forward to the New Narnia

The difference between the old Narnia and the new Narnia was like that. The new one was a deeper country: every rock and flower and blade of grass looked like it meant more. I can't describe it any better than that: if you ever get there you will know what I mean.
It was the unicorn who summed up what everyone was feeling. He stamped his right fore-hoof on the ground and neighed, and then cried:
"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia so much is because it sometimes looked a little like this. Bree-hee-hee! Come further up, come further in!"
Narnia - Last Battle


Zeke is already hearing Lewis















































































Psalm 103
15 The life of mortals is like grass, 
   they flourish like a flower of the field; 
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone, 
   and its place remembers it no more. 
17 But from everlasting to everlasting 
   the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, 
   and his righteousness with their children’s children— 
18 with those who keep his covenant 
   and remember to obey his precepts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowers of Narnia - July 17 / 2022

 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully ...